Sunday, April 12, 2015

The Master


"2 out of 4 stars"

A friend sent me the link for the top movies of the 2010's so far and "The Master" was among that list. When I told my friend that I hadn't seen that one, he gasped "You haven't seen master, yet?!"

So, I went on Netflix and started watching it (since, it started at minute 8, I figured I had tried watching it once before and had gotten bored!). This movie gave me the same feeling that "There will be blood" had risen in me. Made me nervous, and aside from the brilliant acting, I couldn't relate to it.

(I just found out that the director is the same as "TWBB"! Fascinating.)

After the film was over, my first move, as usual, was to log onto Ebert's blog and see what he had to say about it. And to my relief, he agreed with me! (or I did with him)
This sparked another flame in me, the resurrection of a dream, to pursue becoming a film critic, since almost all the time my take on the film is the same as his. But to my regret, I neither have his film knowledge, nor his literary skills in voicing my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment