Thursday, May 23, 2013

Brando



He might have been criticized for many things in his life. His arrogance and being hard to work with...asking for unreasonable salaries, namely for his short role in Superman when as far as I can remember he had asked for (and got) $3 million for only appearing in the movie for about 15 minutes! (This happened after the video I am about to share was recorded...so still no idea why such a wonderful person would do something but I am trying to justify his actions...what I try to do when I see good in people...first of all nobody's perfect. But Hollywood is not a fair place...maybe he was trying to play dirty with the people who fight dirty! Or maybe he just saw an opportunity and took it. Maybe he wanted to put it into good use. But whatever the reason...I don't care...he was much more than this petty thing.)

But this doesn't mean that he was a bad person. People might do crazy stuff, but first of all we don't know the rationalization behind their decisions and secondly, it doesn't mean they have bad intentions, especially if what they did wrong was in their personal life. In the end, we should look at the whole picture...what they contributed to the world...in what way they wanted to change it...

YouTube suggested this video today that I watched, in which Brando explains what message he was trying to send by sending an Indian-American to accept the Oscar he won for The Godfather on his behalf. I was really touched by what he had to say. Respect!

Brando interview - 1973

By the way, I had always heard that he was a very charismatic person but I had never have felt it in the way they put it. Don't get me wrong...I, too, always thought he was handsome. But until I saw his video today, I had never been drawn to him this way! I was busy doing something and had put this video on to just listen to it but I couldn't take my eyes off him! Maybe it was the personality thing...but whatever it was, now I know what all the fuss had been about! But as I said, watching his movies never made me feel this way...so it's not about the "actor" Brando, it must be the real life Brando-effect!

I also recommend you watching the Larry King interview...although Brando is old there and might not be as charismatic as I said, but he'd still got the charm! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment