Thursday, April 4, 2013

Roger Ebert is no longer among us

I am really sad to announce that my hero, Roger Ebert, has passed away today after recently announcing that his cancer had been back. This is really unfortunate. I really wish I had met him. He wasn't just a critic. He was an artist. No one could ever word their vision the way he did. He will be missed immensely. May he rest in peace.

Roger Ebert dead at 70

I will never forget the moment I got the news. I was sitting in the class and we were working on a group project when I picked up my phone to check something and suddenly the Huffington Post breaking news popped up saying what I couldn't believe! My eyes teared up.

For a few weeks I had been thinking to myself of sending him the link to my blog but I thought it was too soon and I had to get something going. I also imagined what would've happened if he found my blog if he searched his own name and came across my blog or even through another way! I was daydreaming about how he would help me with my writing. I was picturing years ahead when I had come to fame and we were sitting together and watching a movie or discussing one. It would have been a dream come true! Damn this cancer! I'm not saying it for the sake of my own stupid dream but how it keeps ruining people's lives!

Now I will take the thought of what he would have thought about my reviews to grave. I still hope we could meet some day!

2 comments:

  1. I came here to find a place to mourn for his departure and I was not disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know how much he had touched my life and how much he actually meant to me until I got this news. The thought of his passing still keeps bringing tears to my eyes. A world without Ebert...can't imagine! He was one of those people that you wished could live on forever and took his existence for granted.

      Delete