Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Follow-up to the Oscars 2013

If you have a dream (which I guess everybody willing to live does!) please take the time to read this article (link below), written by Ang Lee back in 2006 when he first won the Oscar for directing for Brokeback Mountain. It shows how he became the great director he is now (shared by Roger Ebert on his Facebook page):


Never give up on your dreams. There might be a few bumps ahead but keep dreaming and you will get there. (And if you're lucky as he was, you'll have a partner you can lean on along the way).


Speaking of dreams, today is Elizabeth Taylor's birthday, which would have been her 81st.

In a caption Huffington Post had today for this occasion, they had quoted her saying:
"Follow your passion, follow your heart, and the things you need will come."

Here's a link to a collection of this beauty on IMDb:



On another note, I saw Paperman yesterday (the winner of this year's Best Animation Short). I was kinda let down. It was somewhat mediocre. Compared to the previous years' winners like For the Birds, the ChubbChubbs and Lifted (which didn't even win!).

Here are the links, see for yourselves!

The ChubbChubbs
Lifted- Pixar animation short
For the Birds- Pixar animation short
Paperman- Disney animation short 

2 comments:

  1. What did you think about Fresh Guacamole?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNJdJIwCF_Y
    This was my favorite. I found the idea so fresh and original.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was planning on watching it since SH had also posted it on her page but I couldn't find the link.
      :)) haha! definitely the favorite of poker lovers! :D
      I liked how he "diced" the dices! But still, I prefer the ones like Lifted! ;)

      Delete