Saturday, March 2, 2013

Aladdin- the adult version!


I'm a man of my word (actually a girl if you may)! I watched Aladdin again after a long time and boy it seems that I had missed a lot, whether for poor English skills or being a kid, I don't know. But seems like I should start watching all the cartoons I had watched when I was a kid again! Of course, now that I think about it, Aladdin may be an exception. As Robin Williams has said, it is more like a Warner Brothers cartoon disguised in Disney!

Anyway! So I watched it again and came across some funny things that I had missed that I wanted to share with you (in case you had so too):


One of the funniest lines was when at the beginning of the movie, Jasmine has just turned down another suitor and the Sulton thinks with himself "I don't know where she gets it from...her mother was not nearly so picky!" :D


The other one is when Genie is about to get them out of the cave and says "in case of an emergency, the exits are here, here, here, here, everywhere!" I burst into laughter! I had never thought about what he had said before!


One point that I had missed was when Genie wants to turn Aladdin into a prince and takes out this cook book-alike "Royal Recipes" book and starts looking through different "kings" and "princes" and when getting to "Ceasar salad" says "haaa, et tu Brute?!" which is a pretty sophisticated joke for a "cartoon", which actually makes this cartoon even more awesome and more age-appropriate for us! :D


The last, and dare I say the best, one that I had missed is a line Genie says right after he rescues Aladdin from drowning: "I am getting kinda fond of you kid...not that I wanna pick out curtains or anything"!

No comments:

Post a Comment